Open Government of Álava: Transparency Open Data and Citizen Participation
EUROHELP has been awarded the project to develop the Open Government Web Portal for the Provincial Council of Álava.
This portal supports the three pillars of Open Government: Transparency, Open Data and Citizen Participation. It allows information and documentation to be made available to citizens to guarantee the transparency of the Administration. In addition, open data is published allowing its reuse. In the same way, it offers functionalities so that citizens can participate in decision-making.
This regulation regulates the Open Government Portal as a permanent element of interaction between the public sector of Álava and citizens, all aimed at promoting participatory and co-responsible management of public action under the principles of transparency, participation and accountability.
The objectives of the portal are:
- Make available to the public the information subject to the obligations of active advertising.
- Promote the active listening of citizenship and the dialogue between it and the public sector in order to be able to direct public action towards their demands.
- Channel the participation and involvement of citizens in public affairs, in order to collaborate and be an active part in governance.
- Identify the needs of citizens and provide tools to make effective the participation of citizens in public affairs.
1 - TRANSPARENCY PORTAL
Information corresponding to the different indexes of transparency of both current and historical information.
Government Plan and degree of compliance: Significant actions, plans, projects, progress, statistics, reports, transparency indicators, citizen participation actions and others.
Information about the institution: Structure, services, organizational charts, senior positions, agendas, employees, locations and others.
Legal information: Legislation, regulations, agreements, projects and others.
Economic and budgetary information: Recruitment, budgets, annual accounts, audits, economic indicators, statistics, subsidies, agreements, financing, borrowing, investments, calls and others.
2 - PORTAL OPEN DATA (RIGHT OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION)
From the Open Data Portal you can access all those open data, download and reuse them: images, documents, project plans and progress of projects, statistics, indicators, etc.
It also provides detailed information on the procedure to be followed by interested persons to exercise their Right of Access to Public Information.
3-PORTAL CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
It will have three permanent sections:
- Citizen participation in Government actions. It is a channel for the reception of citizen contributions to the actions that the Government plans to carry out.
- Citizen proposals. It is a channel for citizens to make proposals for projects or new actions to the Government, as well as proposals for improvements in actions underway.
- Opinion of the citizenship. It is a channel to know the level of satisfaction of the citizenship with the actions and services of the Government.
From the portal you can manage and monitor all the participatory processes that are underway in the territory and obtain information on the results of the same. The promotion of citizen participation activities and of all projects open to citizens will also be carried out.
The system has:
- Automated processes: whenever the information to be published is managed from automated information systems, exchange files with standard design will be established;
- Search engine (basic and advanced);
- Statistics and access analysis;
- Most visited content module, latest contents, etc;
- SEO positioning;
- Current design, clear, minimalist and responsive;
- Consideration of sex at all levels of statistical study where possible and in the publication of information for disaggregation;
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs);
- Accessibility: Level AA (WAI);
- Web Security;